Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 review/ 2014 goals

2013 was pretty decent overall and my most profitable poker year to date. I grinded out 10 straight winning months but then unfortunately the wheels fell off during November and December so there's still a sour taste left in my mouth about that. November was pretty much break even but then in December I decided to start playing 50nl HU zoom where to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing. I had my biggest ever down swing and including some run bad playing live, I managed to drop about 2k in total. Combine that with the Christmas expenses of presents and going out my bank roll was left in tatters :(

It's now 2014 and I need to get back to my bread and butter to rebuild my roll. I'm going to drop down to 10nl (6max) and blast out a 100k hands in January where I win at about 6bb/100. With my current bankroll being about $1000 I will be delighted to just put a +$1k Jan up on the board to kick things off and then go from there.

I currently work part time (3 days a week) and poker is a nice tax free supplement to my earnings. My goal is to be able to quit work and become a full time pro. I think if I can make a total of $20,000 playing poker in 2014 (whilst also working 3 days a week) I could justify quitting work to play full time in 2015. So that is my overall goal for the year. I think supernova +$1250 a month profit playing low stakes zoom is a realistic target.

I'm going to make more of an effort to keep the blog updated with how I'm doing, monthly reviews etc etc. Also I'm looking to find a Skype group to discuss strategy and stuff so if anybody following my blog, who is playing the same games as me is part of one or knows any please let me know. 

Thanks for reading and good luck to all the hero's in 2014!!!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment