Tuesday 18 March 2014

My Office Set Up

Here's a picture of my office set up:


I'm pretty happy with it and I have enjoyed slowly improving it over time. I'll list all the key components below, there's nothing to fancy involved as I think I have managed to cut costs where I can :)

Glass Ikea desk (approx £80)
3x acer monitors (approx £200 each)
3x monitor arms (approx £35 each)
Logitech M510 wireless mouse (£35)
Cheap acer keyboard that came with my old PC
Philips over ear headphones (£50)
Standard Xbox controller & Microsoft wireless receiver
 
I have two different chairs which I alternate between and these are both by far my most extravagant purchases. The one in the above pic is a standard office chair which I use when I want to grind using a mouse. I cant remember the brand but it's a pretty decent one (approx £300). The chair in the below pic is a big ass comfy recliner chair which is amazingly relaxing and great for grinding with my xbox controller or watching movies. Although it can be argued being in a relaxed position is not great for concentration. I picked it up in a boxing day half price sale at a furniture store for £500 down from £1000. 
 


I have recently upgraded my main rig. Its really sweet and super powerful. I paid £700 for a custom build online which seems pretty cheap considering the components are pretty high spec.

  
It has a cheap generic gaming case, AMD FX 8350 Eight core processor, 2TB hard drive, 16GB RAM and a really powerful graphics card which powers my 3 monitors no problem. So that's pretty much it, I think I will post a blog all about the software I use and my table set up etc, so look out for that. Thanks for reading :)  

2 comments: